1. For the Malpua cakes:
a. Khoa, 1/2cup
b. All purpose flour, ½ cup
c. Milk, ¼ cup
d. Ground fennel, ½ tsp
e. Ground black pepper, ½ tsp
f. Baking Soda, ¼ tsp
g. Ghee for frying
2. For the sugar syrup
a. Fouzee Pure Kashmiri Saffron, ½ tsp
b. Sugar, ½ cup
c. Water, 1 cup
1. Mix all the ingredients for the Malpua cakes and set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Fry the malpua batter, pouring half a spoon at once into hot ghee, making small puris. Flip and fry on both sides until golden.
3. Add the sugar syrup ingredients to a sauce pan and cook until sugar dissolves and the syrup reaches a ‘one-thread’ consistency.
4. Soak the malpuas in the sugar syrup for 1-2 minutes.
5. Garnish with rose petals, pistachios and enjoy!